1/10/10

A New Dress For Miranda....

I have been working on this dress for my doll Miranda. And I have learned alot about making doll patterns while making it.

I have made two but I decided to take a picture of this one since the other one doesn't have a hem or buttons yet. One of the things I learned while making this dress is the importance of seam allowances. After I sewed the buttons and button-holes on I went to put it on Miranda and I realized that the dress was really tight around her middle. And so that was how I learned the importance of seam allowances.



This is the back of the dress. When I was sewing the skirt, I made a mistake, but then I realized that that way it had a train. And so I decided to leave it like that.



Now I need to go finish the next one!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments: