7/20/20

Thank God for Little Things



Poetry by Helen Steiner Rice is just beautiful.  Her poems so sensitively capture the heart and soul of a believer.  My sister has several books of her poetry and I love reading and rereading my favorites.  Thinking of the "little things" mentioned in the poem below, there are so many little blessings from God that we take for granted or completely fail to recognize.  This poem is so special and I knew I had to share it.
  
                                      

Thank You, God, for little things
that often come our way-
The things we take for granted
but don't mention when we pray-
The unexpected courtesy,
the thoughtful, kindly deed-
A hand reached out to help us
in the time of sudden need-
Oh, make us more aware, dear God,
of little daily graces
That come to us with "sweet surprise"
from never-dreamed-of places.

- From Heart Gifts by Helen Steiner Rice

No comments: