11/4/20

My Favorite Authors


I am often asked who some of my favorite authors are, so I compiled a list of those I turn to again and again.  I find works by these following authors to be so rich and full of wisdom - I could probably never tire of their works. 

This image illustrates education in which parents must teach their children on the importance of diet and nutrition. The overall message is to persuade children to read ingredients and food labels before they buy or consume their food. As children and adolescents understand their diet's, they become more healthier and health conscious.
Photo via Pinterest

Elizabeth Prentiss - "Stepping Heavenward" is one book I have read over and over again through the years. She also has beautiful poetry that points you towards Christ.

Elisabeth Elliot.  So many amazing works by this great lady of faith.  Her example is very inspirational!

Corrie Ten Boom.  Wow.  Just wow.  "The Hiding Place" is one of those few books that will rock you to your core.  I am continually amazed and blessed by this woman's astounding faith in the Lord.  "In My Father's House" is another one of my favorites by her.  

Andrew Murray.  If I had to choose only one word to describe this man, I would have to choose "humility."  Actually, he has a book of that same title!  His books are so packed full of wisdom and truths that they take a while to read, and sometimes I reread several times before grasping everything packed into his chapters.

Janette Oke.  As far as fiction goes, Janette Oke is one of my favorites.  Her books have Christian themes throughout and are very refreshing.  The Love Comes Softly series is my personal favorite, but you can't really go wrong with anything by her.

Ben Carson.  Great inspirational author!  I read many of his books in high school and always found them to be very motivating.  I enjoy the medical themes interwoven with life truths. 

What authors do you find yourself returning to again and again?


No comments: