10/15/20

Fall is in the Air!



Fall is upon us!  The days are getting shorter, the nights colder, and the air crisper.  This is my favorite time of the year.  There is a certain feeling in the air when fall approaches that I can't quite describe.  The fireplaces, the blankets, the pumpkins, the crunch of fallen leaves underfoot - I love it all!  Like Anne Shirley in L.M. Montgomery's iconic book, I am truly so glad we live in a world with Octobers.

Image result for anne of green gables I'm so glad we lie in a world with
Photo via Pinterest

As I pulled out fall decorations this year, I smiled when I unearthed this pumpkin and remembered its history.  Last fall at this time, a sweet group of girls and I got together for a night of painting and fellowship.  We had a blast singing to Disney tunes while painting wooden pumpkins.  Yes, we're crazy but we had a lot of fun!  The more creative ones of us (myself not included!) derived inspiration from Pinterest for our pumpkin decorating.  This colorful pumpkin is what I ended up with.  I cannot paint or draw to save my life, but I had lots of fun in the process!  Though fall gatherings look different or absent this year, I am so thankful to have memories such as these to reflect on. 

No comments: