5/31/23

Weeding the Garden


Y'all know I love my garden.  I plan meticulously what I'm going to plant, where I'm going to plant it, and then impatiently wait until it yields its produce.  My garden has always grown dutifully for us, but inevitably those pesky weeds make their presence known among my prized plants.  If left to their own devices, weeds will quickly infiltrate and overtake my little garden with their annoying presence.  Much like the "weeds" in our own lives, these pesky weeds can quickly ruin a beautiful garden.  These weeds take many forms in our hearts, and quickly yet strategically distract from the beauty of the garden.  

Did you know that weeds will rob the water, nutrient, and sunlight supply of the plants around them?  They grow quicker than their neighboring plants and overtake the largest of gardens in the blink of an eye. These weeds don't intend to go anywhere either - they require a mighty yank to pry away the roots that have them firmly attached to the ground below.  I could take a weed-eater to them and chop off the ugly weeds at ground level, but they will quickly grow back again, never gone in the first place but merely out of sight. They must be uprooted from the ground or they will always grow right back.  The "weeds" in our own lives do the same - distract from the purpose and calling of our lives while making us into miserable people. Our weeds may have deep roots that need to be uprooted too. 

If I as a human protect my physical backyard garden with such love and care, how much more does the Master Gardener care for His garden (your heart!)?   

Ask the Master Gardener to remove those pesky weeds from your heart - His loving hand will knowledgeably pluck those weeds that infiltrate your garden so that it can bloom fully and beautifully. 

No comments: